Wednesday May 28 2008 - 20:41 Whats new(s)?
To summarize the key improvements of this new version:
Houston, we have a situation
- The city is not a case of symantics anymore. Instead, it's a physical reality, with a coast and islands
- PixelMoon Integration (due June 20th 2008)
- Better navigation in the city and on the moon
- Thumbnails! See what people made...
- Free registering for tourist accounts
- Messaging between and commenting on members
- Rating and ranking of member's projects
- Personal blog to share your ideas and works in progress
PixelMoon will be ready in a few weeks (June 20th 2008) as we wanted to make sure PixelDam City was finished on time.
PixelMoon project buiders will receive an email with information about their new accounts when all has been integrated into the community database.Years in the making
When PixelDam's 8th neighborhood, Sunny Heights, upened up in january 2004 I knew we had to start thinking about presenting everything as a whole city instead of separate neighborhoods, because a lot of people had the perception that each hood was in fact another city.
I drew a very simple city map, which Zoggles creatively transformed into the shape of the city map as you now see here
The transition from v1 to v2 of this website meant database support for user accounts, rating and other necessary solutions like commenting.PixelMoon
Parallel to the development of v2 was the conception of PixelMoon. An exciting environment which many can relate to and offering a plaform for smaller projects.Version 3
December 2005 I was finally ready to start the development for the new v3. It took me over 2 years to get from interface design to actual development. More users would mean a bigger database load so a migration to MySQL was inevitable.